We’ve recently been on a vegan kick, so hats off to this great recipe from the Quick Fix Vegan Cookbook. This goes great with basmati rice, Doug’s favorite, and chai tea.
- 1 tablespoon neutral vegetable oil
- 1 small yellow onion, minced
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 3 cups small cauliflower florets (from 1 small cauliflower)
- 2 tablespoons curry powder or paste, or more 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1½ cups home-cooked chickpeas, or 1 can, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen peas 1 (13-ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon salt Freshly ground black pepper
Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, cover, and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the carrot, cauliflower, and curry powder to taste. Add the tomatoes and broth, cover, and cook until the vegetables are softened, about 10 minutes. Stir in the chickpeas, peas, coconut milk, salt, and pepper to taste. Cook uncovered until the flavors are well blended and the mixture thickens slightly, about 10 minutes longer. Serve hot, with basmati rice & a splash of lime juice. Serves 4.
Recipe from Robertson, Robin (2011-10-04). Quick-Fix Vegan: Healthy Homestyle Meals in 30 Minutes or Less (Kindle Locations 975-982). Andrews McMeel Publishing LLC. Kindle Edition.