Pork Stew with Beef Broth Base
- Brown the pork in olive oil after coating in flour and herbs.
- Set pork aside.
- Sweat the garlic, onion, carrots, celery in left over grease from the browning for 5 mins.
- Add some dry wine and reduce.
- When reduced, add the broth and pork to the sweating veggies.
- After a 30 minute simmer, add leeks, pork, both sweet and russet potatoes, more carrots, and squash.
- After another 30 minute simmer, add 1 TBSP of butter, and the remaining flour you used to coat the pork.
- Stir for 5 mins and serve with some awesome bread from the Ann Arbor Food Co-Op.
- Top with pepper and parmesan cheese.
*Hint: It’s better the second day.